Wednesday, March 29, 2017

A Promise?


Somewhere between the time that we step foot out of bed in the morning and then put that some foot back into bed at night, there needs to be some sort of evidence or proof, in our daily existence, that shows the world that we march to the beat of a different drum.

Unconditional love for others is that evidence or proof!  What does Jesus say in John 13:34, "All people will know that you are my followers if you love each other?" People will know that we are Christians by our love, not our lake house, Lamborghini, Levi jeans or line of credit.

Truthfully speaking, unconditional love is a command! It is not a suggestion, but rather, it is a command. In John 13:34, Jesus says, "A new command I give to you, love one another…” Then in John 15:17, Jesus says, "This is my command: Love each other."

Here is what I have learned down through the years. Unconditional love is not something that I give to others only when I feel like it. Jesus did not say to love those around me only after I have had my morning coffee, or only if it is convenient, or only if they are nice to me or only if I am in the mood … … Jesus simply says, “…love each other.”

As I continue to mature spiritually, I am convinced that one of the best ways to trouble the enemy is to love people unconditionally! Why? Because the devil knows that unconditional love is a cure for what ails us! Church, love people when they least expect it and love people when they least deserve it!  In light of how much we are loved by God, how can we do anything else?

I promise to continue to love you unconditionally. Will you promise me the same?

No comments: