Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Just Obey!


Moses also tried to use the excuse of inadequacy!

Look with me at Exodus 3:13, “Moses said to God, ‘Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?’In those verses, Moses is saying, "God, I just do not know enough about who you are!" There is a definite hint of inadequacy in his voice.

In verse 14, God responds to the excuse of Moses. Oh, by the way, God’s response to Moses can be applied to our excuses as well. God tells Moses that He is the, “I AM!"

There is a lot of confusion about what God meant when He referred to Himself as the, “I Am!” Well, there is no need for confusion today. God was saying this to Moses, "Just do as I say, and I will show you who I AM as you need for me to show you who I AM. Moses! There is no need for feelings of inadequacy!”

Church! There is no need this morning for feelings of inadequacy! "Just do as God says, and He will show you who He IS as you need for Him to show you who He IS."

Based on that truth, we can obey!

A man or a woman of faith has two options: Either we obey or we don’t. If you stop to argue with God that is disobedience. If you try to talk God out of it, that too is disobedience. If you offer an alternate plan, that is disobedience.

Just do as God says, and He will show you who He IS as you need for Him to show you who He IS.

No comments: