Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Christmas in September!


Luke 2:1 says, “In those days, Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.”

Marriage and birth rates had dwindled sharply throughout the Roman Empire before the birth of Jesus. It got so bad, that the Roman Government offered incentives for marriage and child barring. A series of Roman Censuses were designed to see if the incentives were producing results. That is the reason why Mary and Joseph had to go to Bethlehem to register. Near the end of his reign, Caesar Augustus mentioned that the census was number 8 among 35 things that he wished to be remembered for. Are you kidding me?

What do you want to be remembered for?
  Do you want to be remembered for a census or do you want to be remembered for a Christ-like life? What are you known for right now? Are you known for your census or are you known for Christ like living?

I love what Paul says in Philippians 1:3, “I thank my God every time I remember you.”

Will people thank God every time that they remember you?

I want to be remembered as a man of faith … a daydreamer if you will! 

The way that I see it, there are two kinds of people in the world: naysayers and daydreamers. I say thank God for the daydreamer! They possess faith! Most people dream only at night, but the Christian, who possesses a faith in God, can dream 24/7.

Far too many of us … sitting in this sanctuary this morning … have allowed the enemy to steal our dreams, but today, we need those among us who possess a great faith in God to stand, shout and hold nothing back as we celebrate these words together, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 49:10)

No comments: